Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

Negatives - remember those? Downsizing Step 7


Yes, it's been busy!  With the ominous move lurking in the horizon, today I decided to face the garage and found a huge box full of hundreds of negatives and pictures.    These pictures were never put in albums because they didn't make the cut or because I never got around to it.   Hard to tell but what  I know is that I have a box of pictures/negatives from two moves ago! -So this box has not been unpacked nor touched in 11 years!

So many pictures and so many negatives - remember those?   We used to share the photo packets with the grandparents and ask them to mark which ones they wanted copied.   This is of course, pre-digital age and you had to order the copies off these negatives.  They were precious.  However,  the current state of my negatives collection is in such disarray that even if I ever wanted to use any of these negatives it would be almost impossible to find it. Thus came the executive decision - dispose of all negatives and if I ever ever organize these pictures and desire to make a copy - will do what most 21st century people do and take a picture of the picture! ... Done!

Wow! that was a relief...On to the next box.

No comments:

Post a Comment